News and Articles
If you need to browse through packets rushing by on the local network, Wireshark provides a useful service. But, if you prefer to build your own tools, why not use the command-line version, TShark, and a terminal-friendly Curses UI?
The Magic Rescue recovery utility saves corrupt or deleted files by reading a file's magic number.
Despite its deceptively simple appearance, Scribus packs serious power. We can help you get started with this desktop publishing powerhouse.
Ubuntu Studio 15.04 and Arch Linux 2015.09.01
Klaus Knopper answers your Linux questions.
Syncthing is a free alternative to BitTorrent Sync for synchronizing data on computers and mobile devices.
With a little planning and a few LibreOffice tricks, you can create one document that contains text customized for various end users.
Detect rootkits, worms, and other malware with chkrootkit.
Updates on technologies, trends, and tools
We describe five tools you can use to monitor and troubleshoot your system's performance.
- LinuxCon Europe 5 Oct - 7 Oct
- Embedded Linux Conference Europe 5 Oct - 7 Oct
- Ubucon 2015 23 Oct - 25 Oct
- GNUstep 2015 Meetup (20th Anniversary) 24 Oct - 25 Oct
- systemd.conf 2015 5 Nov - 7 Nov
- OpenRheinRuhr 2015 7 Nov - 8 Nov
- LISA15 8 Nov - 13 Nov
- Linux Presentation Day 14 Nov
- Open Nord 14 Nov - 15 Nov
- SC15 15 Nov - 20 Nov