News and Articles
Updates on Technologies, Trends, and Tools
Instead of configuring the Jenkins continuous integration server in the browser with mouse clicks and text input for builds, programmers can store the necessary data in the source control system and let a Perl script do the work.
Good traps catch mice, and honeypots catch malicious scripts. Sys admin Charly resorts to a honeypot in this issue, which, although difficult to install, is easy to manage.
The brand new Raspberry Pi Model B+ is solid and tidy, with many clever improvements in detail that make this the best version so far. The desired improvement in performance will have to wait for now.
Run your application smoothly and portably in the cloud with the Docker container system. This workshop takes a practical look deploying Docker with the OwnCloud cloud environment.
Many Linux diagnostic tools require knowledge of a special syntax, which complicates handling and confuses the output. Sysdig groups several important tools into a single interface.
Creating images from letters and numbers is a complex matter, unless you have the right tools at hand.
The newest incarnation of the Pine email reader is fast, easy to use, and offers a thoroughly modern feature set.
The Hawaii desktop relies on Qt Quick, supports Wayland, and comes with its own compositor. Thanks to the Maui Linux system, you can test Hawaii on a Live CD or on a VMware virtual machine.
The KDE Visual Design Group works with KDE developers to bring a refined visual environment and user experience to the Plasma desktop.
- CloudOpen Europe 2014 13 Oct - 15 Oct
- LinuxCon Europe 2014 13 Oct - 15 Oct
- Jax London 2014 featuring Big Data Con 13 Oct - 15 Oct
- HostingCon Europe 14 Oct - 15 Oct
- HostinCon Europe 14 Oct - 15 Oct
- 8. Linux-Informationstage Oldenburg 17 Oct - 18 Oct
- Ubucon 2014 17 Oct - 19 Oct
- FSCONS 2014 31 Oct - 2 Nov
- American Conference Institute: The Practical and Tactical Art of the Deal in Software Agreements C 4 Nov - 5 Nov
- USENIX LISA '14 9 Nov - 14 Nov