News and Articles
This month we bring you CentOS 7 (64-bit), a community enterprise operating system based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and the Fedora 20 Robotics spin (32-bit).
"maddog" looks at some of Linaro's efforts to improve GNU/Linux performance on ARM architectures.
Although open source crypto software is used virtually all over the world, the projects behind it are often small and chronically underfunded. Heartbleed, however, brings a possibility of improvement.
Updates on technologies, trends, and tools.
On June 10, Red Hat launched a new major release of its enterprise distribution, RHEL 7. We take a look to find out where RHEL is headed.
Make your blog look good on both desktop monitors and modern smartphones with high-resolution graphics by adding CSS and media queries to change the layout on the fly.
Almost all manufacturers of GPS devices use proprietary formats to save routes, tracks, and waypoints. Vendors unfortunately rarely offer Linux software for uploading and downloading or processing the data. Four GPS editors keep Linux users on the right track.
The Cinnamon and Mate desktop systems have stirred up plenty attention around the Linux world. We'll show you around these innovative new desktop systems and help you decide which is right for you.
Write and publish ebooks with the GitBook software and publishing platform.
- GNU Hackers' Meeting 2014 15 Aug - 17 Aug
- Linux Security Summit 2014 18 Aug - 19 Aug
- USENIX Security '14 20 Aug - 22 Aug
- CloudOpen North America 2014 20 Aug - 22 Aug
- LinuxCon North America 2014 20 Aug - 22 Aug
- DebConf14 23 Aug - 31 Aug
- Internet of Things Conference 1 Sep - 3 Sep
- Swiss Perl Workshop 2014 5 Sep - 6 Sep
- Akademy 2014 6 Sep - 12 Sep
- Fossetcon 11 Sep - 13 Sep