News and Articles
Phone vendor partnerships bring Mark Shuttleworth's dream of Ubuntu on a phone a step closer to reality.
Armed only with standard Linux tools, users can recover files, resurrect partitions, and rescue damaged media.
The Internet is a tough place to live – especially for publicly accessible computers. A small tool called Portspoof makes port scanning a real challenge for attackers.
Donors will get to vote on new features for the free video editor.
Debian project puts init out to pasture and says no to Ubuntu's Upstart.
Almost every wireless LAN has some potential security weaknesses. The Wifislax Slackware derivative helps detect and eliminate them.
KDE starts a crowdfunding campaign for open hardware.
Ultra-sophisticated attack tool might have originated from a state-sponsored intelligence service.
Fedora 20 "Heisenbug"
Downloaded software can be compromised in several ways. You need a software update system that handles various attacks and provides end-to-end signing of the data. TUF can help.
- Linaro Connect Asia 3 Mar - 7 Mar
- Wearables DevCon 2014 5 Mar - 7 Mar
- Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2014 15 Mar - 16 Mar
- 13. Augsburger Linux-Info-Tag 22 Mar
- GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 24 Mar - 27 Mar
- Big Data TechCon 31 Mar - 2 Apr
- USENIX NSDI '14 2 Apr - 4 Apr
- LibreGraphicsMeeting 2014 2 Apr - 5 Apr
- Grazer Linux-Tage 2013 4 Apr - 5 Apr
- High Performance Computing Linux for Wall Street 2014 7 Apr