GNOME Women in Open Source Project The GNOME Outreach Program for WomenJun 28, 2013
The GNOME Outreach Program for Women has seen success that other programs set up to encourage women in FOSS have not. We look at some of the reasons why.more »
Linux Game Engines Free and Commercial Game EnginesJun 18, 2013
The appearance of new game engines with Linux support gives rise to hope that more games will start to appear in Linux versions. The free game engines are also getting better.more »
Specialty distro keeps the focus on advanced learning.more »
- SkySQL Merges with Makers of MariaDB
- AMD Announces New Custom Chip Operation
- New Supermicro Storage Solution
- SUSE Studio 1.3
- Nginx 1.4 Released
- US gov embraces open data
- Apache Cdorked.A exploit discovered
- News Bites
New Intel CEO
- FSF scolds W3C
- Torvalds releases Kernel 3.9
- Xen new LF collaboration project
- Debian 7.0“wheezy” debuts
- Windows XP most likely to be victim of attack.
Wanted: A Free Accounting Application for Non-Profits Non-Profit Accounting SoftwareMay 20, 2013
The Software Freedom Conservancy is raising funds to fill a major gap in free software functionality.more »
- RunRev Releases Open Source Version of LiveCode
- HP Launches Moonshot Server
- Offensive Security Releases Kali Linux
- TeamViewer Version 8 for Linux Now Available
- Gnome 3.8 released
- Aereo wins battle to stream broadcast TV
openSUSE 12.3 Out
- New browser engine
- Pirates on the run
- Ubuntu reduces non‑LTS support
- OpenDaylight open source framework
- ASF promotes CloudStack
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.