An up-to-date look at free software and its makers
Because of its slightly old-fashioned LessTif (a Motif clone ) interface, Praat is unlikely to win any design awards, but at least it is user friendly. The developers have not restricted their work to the Linux version; the software has been ported to FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, SGI, Solaris, and HPUX. If you are interested in porting Praat to a system that is not currently supported, you just need the compiler and the LessTif library for the graphical interface.
- Roy T. Fielding's blog: http://roy.gbiv.com
- Apache http Server Project: http://httpd.apache.org
- OpenSolaris: http://www.opensolaris.org
- Gnome Outreach Program: http://www.gnome.org/projects/outreach/a11y
- Praat: http://www.praat.org
- LessTif: http://www.lesstif.org
- Motif: http://www.opengroup.org/motif/
Buy this article as PDF
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel