How hacking got easy
To protect your systems, you must familiarize yourself with the tools that will be used against them. For example, the attack against AWStats is blocked on Fedora Core 9 when SELinux is in enforcing mode (the default). Metasploit isn't the first, nor is it the most powerful, exploit framework available. Tools such as Core Impact and Immunity Canvas, which include up-to-date exploits, are available as well as commercial support. Other sites, such as Packet Storm and Milw0rm, also make large amounts of exploit code available. Part of a strong defense is a good offense.
- "DNS Attacks" by Kurt Seifried, Linux Magazine, October 2008: http://www.linux-magazine.com/issues/2008/95/dns_attacks
- Metasploit: http://www.metasploit.com/
- Immunity Canvas: http://www.immunitysec.com/products-canvas.shtml
- Core Impact: http://www.coresecurity.com/
- Packetstorm: http://packetstormsecurity.org/
- Milw0rm: http://www.milw0rm.com/
Buy this article as PDF
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel