Getting started with Adobe AIR for Linux
Catchin' Some AIR
The AIR Marketplace has a robust listing of free and commercial AIR applications. The applications run the gamut from website prototyping to project management.
Some notable AIR applications include DeskTube, a gallery of YouTube videos; Google Analytics, an alternative, browserless interface to the service's amalgamated traffic data; and Yammer, something of a TweetDeck for the private Yammer messaging service. Thwirl is an alternative to TweetDeck that does not require KWallet. Moreover, Twitter and Facebook clients form something of a cottage industry; you can find many capable packages written in AIR.
No matter what kind of application excites you, chances are AIR has something for you. And now you can run any of these apps on your Linux desktop.
- Qt: http://www.qtsoftware.com/products
- wxWidgets: http://wxwidgets.org
- REALbasic: http://www.realsoftware.com
- Adobe Integrated Runtime http://www.adobe.com/products/air
- Adobe Flash http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer
- Adobe Labs Flash Player: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
- Get AIR: http://get.adobe.com/air
- TweetDeck: http://www.tweetdeck.com
- TimesReader: https://timesreader.nytimes.com
VMware bids for a stake in the container industry with a bold effort to integrate containers with its classic virtualization system.
3ROS attack tool lowers the technical bar so anyone can be an intruder.
Mozilla's latest browser offers powerful new privacy feature
If attackers are on your system, saving your passwords in a password vault is no protection.
Faulty hash algorithm persists, despite efforts by experts to raise awareness.
Powerful man-in-the-middle attack is now targeting online shopping.
Another high-profile coder says the kernel team needs a kinder, gentler culture.
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm