Professional users are always searching for an edge. Whether you work with Linux as a webmaster, programmer, system administrator, or security consultant, you know the best solution depends on finding the right tool for the job. We thought you might be interested in the following new products and updates.
- OpenFlow: Building a Crash-Proof Internet
- KnowARC Ports Globus Grid Middleware to Debian
- Automatic Testing Tool GUIdancer 3.1
- Internet Barometer
- SpiderOak Offers Online Backups for Linux
- AAEON Release New Module
- Advantech’s “Rugged” PC Works in Power Substations
- Alter Way Offers odtPHP 1.0 API for OpenOffice
- Enea Lightweight Database
- VIA Technologies Publishes Chrome 9 DRM
The Bavarian capital shuns Microsoft, Google, and other alternatives to implement an open-source groupware solution.
Phone vendor partnerships bring Mark Shuttleworth's dream of Ubuntu on a phone a step closer to reality.
Donors will get to vote on new features for the free video editor.
Debian project puts init out to pasture and says no to Ubuntu's Upstart.
Ultra-sophisticated attack tool might have originated from a state-sponsored intelligence service.
New alternative for init comes with a small footprint and minimal configuration.
X marks the target for the next-generation windowing system.
Super-clone CentOS Linux gets beamed up to the mother ship.
HTML technology will enable new video editing and playback options.
New Linux distro is optimzed for gaming.