This month's news
Updates on Technologies, Trends, and Tools
- Where you go, MeeGo
- Eclipse 4.0 SDK released
- MeeGo to become platform for Vehicle Infotainment
- Interview with Chris DiBona: The head of open source at Google talks Android, Chrome, Go, and pretty much every other project at Google.
- Rackspace Opens The Cloud
- Open source hardware defined
- Rackspace announces OpenStack
- Attack of The Little Green Robot: Tablet for India proposed; Android becomes most popular commercial OS
- Gnome 3 delayed until 2011
- Gnome census results
Buy this article as PDF
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.