Luminance HDR offers top-notch high dynamic range imaging
Luminance HDR is a fantastic piece of software that often achieves really amazing results. However, this requires some experience and experimentation. It takes a lot of experience to see at a glance which of the tone-mapping operators will help you achieve the desired results, but because RAW editing is non-destructive, you can experiment time and time again.
Tone-mapping operators can make it possible to produce a good HDR image with just one raw image (single-shot RAWs). This then lets you create HDR images from photographs of moving objects or for situations in which no tripod is available.
- Luminance HDR: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
- Qtpfsgui: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/?page_id=2
- Krita: http://krita.org/
- Photo stitching: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2007/81/Free-Software-Projects
- MantiukHDR: http://mantiukhdr.sourceforge.net/
- Comparison of tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.frank-durr.de/tonemapping_comparison.html
- Evaluation of tone-mapping algorithms: http://dcgi.felk.cvut.cz/home/cadikm/tmo/
- Tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/
- pfstools: http://pfstools.sourceforge.net
Buy this article as PDF
Both projects help organizations build their own containerized systems.
Mark Shuttleworth has resumed the position of CEO of Canonical.
Microsoft's open source code hosting platform CodePlex will come to an end after a more than 10-year stint.
Comes with Gnome 3.24
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.