Luminance HDR offers top-notch high dynamic range imaging
Luminance HDR is a fantastic piece of software that often achieves really amazing results. However, this requires some experience and experimentation. It takes a lot of experience to see at a glance which of the tone-mapping operators will help you achieve the desired results, but because RAW editing is non-destructive, you can experiment time and time again.
Tone-mapping operators can make it possible to produce a good HDR image with just one raw image (single-shot RAWs). This then lets you create HDR images from photographs of moving objects or for situations in which no tripod is available.
- Luminance HDR: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
- Qtpfsgui: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/?page_id=2
- Krita: http://krita.org/
- Photo stitching: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2007/81/Free-Software-Projects
- MantiukHDR: http://mantiukhdr.sourceforge.net/
- Comparison of tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.frank-durr.de/tonemapping_comparison.html
- Evaluation of tone-mapping algorithms: http://dcgi.felk.cvut.cz/home/cadikm/tmo/
- Tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/
- pfstools: http://pfstools.sourceforge.net
Buy this article as PDF
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
The Obama White House has issued a memorandum telling all US government agencies they must use HTTPS for all websites and web communication.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.
Future versions of Ubuntu's code service will support the popular Git version control system used with Linux and other open source projects.