Luminance HDR offers top-notch high dynamic range imaging
Luminance HDR is a fantastic piece of software that often achieves really amazing results. However, this requires some experience and experimentation. It takes a lot of experience to see at a glance which of the tone-mapping operators will help you achieve the desired results, but because RAW editing is non-destructive, you can experiment time and time again.
Tone-mapping operators can make it possible to produce a good HDR image with just one raw image (single-shot RAWs). This then lets you create HDR images from photographs of moving objects or for situations in which no tripod is available.
- Luminance HDR: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
- Qtpfsgui: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/?page_id=2
- Krita: http://krita.org/
- Photo stitching: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2007/81/Free-Software-Projects
- MantiukHDR: http://mantiukhdr.sourceforge.net/
- Comparison of tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.frank-durr.de/tonemapping_comparison.html
- Evaluation of tone-mapping algorithms: http://dcgi.felk.cvut.cz/home/cadikm/tmo/
- Tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/
- pfstools: http://pfstools.sourceforge.net
Buy this article as PDF
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.