Transform an Android device into a Linux machine
The apps I've described are not your only options for running Linux on an Android device. The Complete Linux Installer  and Linux Installer  apps, for example, let you install a Linux distribution on a rooted Android device. If you own a Google Nexus 7 device, you can replace Android with Ubuntu by following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki . The described solutions have their advantages and drawbacks, but because they are all available free of charge, you can try them all and pick the one that best fits your needs.
- KBOX: http://kevinboone.net/kbox.html
- Using standard Linux utilities in a stock, non-rooted Android device: http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html
- Linux Deploy: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
- VX ConnectBot: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.vx.connectbot
- MultiVNC: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coboltforge.dontmind.multivnc
- Debian Mirrors: http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
- Limbo PC Emulator: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.max2idea.android.limbo.main
- Limbo at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/limbo-android/wiki/LimboAndroid
- Complete Linux Installer: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid
- Linux Installer STANDARD: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.galoula.LinuxInstall
- Ubuntu on Nexus 7 installation instructions: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation
Buy this article as PDF
Azure CTO says Redmond has already considered the unthinkable.
Lead developer quells rumors that the Debian version is slated for center stage.
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.