Transform an Android device into a Linux machine
The apps I've described are not your only options for running Linux on an Android device. The Complete Linux Installer  and Linux Installer  apps, for example, let you install a Linux distribution on a rooted Android device. If you own a Google Nexus 7 device, you can replace Android with Ubuntu by following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki . The described solutions have their advantages and drawbacks, but because they are all available free of charge, you can try them all and pick the one that best fits your needs.
- KBOX: http://kevinboone.net/kbox.html
- Using standard Linux utilities in a stock, non-rooted Android device: http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html
- Linux Deploy: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
- VX ConnectBot: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.vx.connectbot
- MultiVNC: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coboltforge.dontmind.multivnc
- Debian Mirrors: http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
- Limbo PC Emulator: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.max2idea.android.limbo.main
- Limbo at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/limbo-android/wiki/LimboAndroid
- Complete Linux Installer: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid
- Linux Installer STANDARD: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.galoula.LinuxInstall
- Ubuntu on Nexus 7 installation instructions: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation
Buy this article as PDF
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.