Transform an Android device into a Linux machine
The apps I've described are not your only options for running Linux on an Android device. The Complete Linux Installer  and Linux Installer  apps, for example, let you install a Linux distribution on a rooted Android device. If you own a Google Nexus 7 device, you can replace Android with Ubuntu by following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki . The described solutions have their advantages and drawbacks, but because they are all available free of charge, you can try them all and pick the one that best fits your needs.
- KBOX: http://kevinboone.net/kbox.html
- Using standard Linux utilities in a stock, non-rooted Android device: http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html
- Linux Deploy: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
- VX ConnectBot: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.vx.connectbot
- MultiVNC: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coboltforge.dontmind.multivnc
- Debian Mirrors: http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
- Limbo PC Emulator: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.max2idea.android.limbo.main
- Limbo at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/limbo-android/wiki/LimboAndroid
- Complete Linux Installer: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid
- Linux Installer STANDARD: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.galoula.LinuxInstall
- Ubuntu on Nexus 7 installation instructions: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation
Buy this article as PDF
Linux users can now download and install the Windows code editor
New initiative will address security and interoperability concerns around container technology.
Developers can use RHEL as a development platform without a subscription fee.
Windows users will soon have native access to the Bash shell.
Improvements to SMTP will provide better guarantee of confidentiality
Graphics vendor embraces new reality in Linux graphics
Pioneer Ray Tomlinson bequeathed the @ sign to billions of Internet users
Redmond says its classic database tool will run without Windows
New intrusion technique affects most non-Bluetooth wireless mice
GENIVI Alliance announces the release of the first beta of the GENIVI Demo Platform ivi9.