Migrating to NoSQL – MongoDB
All NoSQL databases operate on similar principles: Lots of RAM and fast disks usually enhance performance; however, you should pay attention to the differences and tradeoffs, as you would any new technology.
Given MongoDB's popularity and widespread use, a great deal of knowledge has been shared online, in mailing lists, and at conferences. As a result, MongoDB use cases encompass everything from general-purpose to high-performance databases.
- 10gen website: http://www.10gen.com/leading-nosql-database
- Hype cycle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hype_cycle
- MongoDB is web scale video: http://mongodb-is-web-scale.com/
- MongoDB FUD: http://blog.serverdensity.com/does-everyone-hate-mongodb/
- HTTP REST API: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/tools/http-interfaces/
- Drivers and client libraries: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/
- Data modeling: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/data-modeling/
- BSON spec: http://bsonspec.org
- Replication: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/replication/
- MongoDB benchmarks: https://blog.serverdensity.com/mongodb-benchmarks/
- MongoDB Manual 2.4.4: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/sharded-cluster-internals/
Buy this article as PDF
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from a “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel
Customers can take a free test drive of SLES for HPC on the Azure Cloud
San Francisco-based chip company announces their first fully open source chip platform.
The whole distro gets rebuilt on glibc 2.3
Ubuntu Vendor tries to solve app packaging and distribution problem across distributions.