Migrating to NoSQL – MongoDB
All NoSQL databases operate on similar principles: Lots of RAM and fast disks usually enhance performance; however, you should pay attention to the differences and tradeoffs, as you would any new technology.
Given MongoDB's popularity and widespread use, a great deal of knowledge has been shared online, in mailing lists, and at conferences. As a result, MongoDB use cases encompass everything from general-purpose to high-performance databases.
- 10gen website: http://www.10gen.com/leading-nosql-database
- Hype cycle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hype_cycle
- MongoDB is web scale video: http://mongodb-is-web-scale.com/
- MongoDB FUD: http://blog.serverdensity.com/does-everyone-hate-mongodb/
- HTTP REST API: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/tools/http-interfaces/
- Drivers and client libraries: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/
- Data modeling: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/data-modeling/
- BSON spec: http://bsonspec.org
- Replication: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/replication/
- MongoDB benchmarks: https://blog.serverdensity.com/mongodb-benchmarks/
- MongoDB Manual 2.4.4: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/sharded-cluster-internals/
Buy this article as PDF
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.