Grace Hopper Celebration: Call For Participation Open
The Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) of Women in Computing Conference which is scheduled to be held from November 8th -12th, 2011, in Portland Oregon, is calling for participation.
For those who want to participate the GHC recommends the following:
- Your subject should not be something specific to your organization
- If you have a panel – it needs to span across organizations – not 5 people from the same company discussing an issue in their company
- Combining academics and industry or interdisciplinary discussions are great
- We are encouraging submissions that promote diversity and International participation; Avoid anything that sounds like an infomercial
- A submission in line with the theme of the conference “What If?” would be ideal.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2011 and notifications will be sent out by May 17, 2011. Call for participation submission categories include Birds of a Feather (BOFs), New Investigators, Panels, Workshops and Presentations, PhD Forum, and Posters and SRC Posters.
For questions concerning presentation submissions please contact the Grace Hopper Celebration. More information on the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference and the Call for Participation can be found on their website.
Popular open source encryption tool is vulnerable to attack
New “Yakkety Yak” edition emphasizes cloud and servers
Google finally enters the phone hardware business.
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.