Grace Hopper Celebration: Call For Participation Open
The Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) of Women in Computing Conference which is scheduled to be held from November 8th -12th, 2011, in Portland Oregon, is calling for participation.
For those who want to participate the GHC recommends the following:
- Your subject should not be something specific to your organization
- If you have a panel – it needs to span across organizations – not 5 people from the same company discussing an issue in their company
- Combining academics and industry or interdisciplinary discussions are great
- We are encouraging submissions that promote diversity and International participation; Avoid anything that sounds like an infomercial
- A submission in line with the theme of the conference “What If?” would be ideal.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2011 and notifications will be sent out by May 17, 2011. Call for participation submission categories include Birds of a Feather (BOFs), New Investigators, Panels, Workshops and Presentations, PhD Forum, and Posters and SRC Posters.
For questions concerning presentation submissions please contact the Grace Hopper Celebration. More information on the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference and the Call for Participation can be found on their website.
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.
More embarrassment for Adobe's embattled multimedia tool
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.