Grace Hopper Celebration: Call For Participation Open
The Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) of Women in Computing Conference which is scheduled to be held from November 8th -12th, 2011, in Portland Oregon, is calling for participation.
For those who want to participate the GHC recommends the following:
- Your subject should not be something specific to your organization
- If you have a panel – it needs to span across organizations – not 5 people from the same company discussing an issue in their company
- Combining academics and industry or interdisciplinary discussions are great
- We are encouraging submissions that promote diversity and International participation; Avoid anything that sounds like an infomercial
- A submission in line with the theme of the conference “What If?” would be ideal.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2011 and notifications will be sent out by May 17, 2011. Call for participation submission categories include Birds of a Feather (BOFs), New Investigators, Panels, Workshops and Presentations, PhD Forum, and Posters and SRC Posters.
For questions concerning presentation submissions please contact the Grace Hopper Celebration. More information on the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference and the Call for Participation can be found on their website.
The Bavarian capital shuns Microsoft, Google, and other alternatives to implement an open-source groupware solution.
Phone vendor partnerships bring Mark Shuttleworth's dream of Ubuntu on a phone a step closer to reality.
Donors will get to vote on new features for the free video editor.
Debian project puts init out to pasture and says no to Ubuntu's Upstart.
Ultra-sophisticated attack tool might have originated from a state-sponsored intelligence service.
New alternative for init comes with a small footprint and minimal configuration.
X marks the target for the next-generation windowing system.
Super-clone CentOS Linux gets beamed up to the mother ship.
HTML technology will enable new video editing and playback options.
New Linux distro is optimzed for gaming.