Grace Hopper Celebration: Call For Participation Open
The Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) of Women in Computing Conference which is scheduled to be held from November 8th -12th, 2011, in Portland Oregon, is calling for participation.
For those who want to participate the GHC recommends the following:
- Your subject should not be something specific to your organization
- If you have a panel – it needs to span across organizations – not 5 people from the same company discussing an issue in their company
- Combining academics and industry or interdisciplinary discussions are great
- We are encouraging submissions that promote diversity and International participation; Avoid anything that sounds like an infomercial
- A submission in line with the theme of the conference “What If?” would be ideal.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2011 and notifications will be sent out by May 17, 2011. Call for participation submission categories include Birds of a Feather (BOFs), New Investigators, Panels, Workshops and Presentations, PhD Forum, and Posters and SRC Posters.
For questions concerning presentation submissions please contact the Grace Hopper Celebration. More information on the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference and the Call for Participation can be found on their website.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives