Grace Hopper Celebration: Call For Participation Open
The Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) of Women in Computing Conference which is scheduled to be held from November 8th -12th, 2011, in Portland Oregon, is calling for participation.
For those who want to participate the GHC recommends the following:
- Your subject should not be something specific to your organization
- If you have a panel – it needs to span across organizations – not 5 people from the same company discussing an issue in their company
- Combining academics and industry or interdisciplinary discussions are great
- We are encouraging submissions that promote diversity and International participation; Avoid anything that sounds like an infomercial
- A submission in line with the theme of the conference “What If?” would be ideal.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2011 and notifications will be sent out by May 17, 2011. Call for participation submission categories include Birds of a Feather (BOFs), New Investigators, Panels, Workshops and Presentations, PhD Forum, and Posters and SRC Posters.
For questions concerning presentation submissions please contact the Grace Hopper Celebration. More information on the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference and the Call for Participation can be found on their website.
“Xenial Xerus” comes with a new packages format and several improvements for the enterprise.
Linux users can now download and install the Windows code editor
New initiative will address security and interoperability concerns around container technology.
Developers can use RHEL as a development platform without a subscription fee.
Windows users will soon have native access to the Bash shell.
Improvements to SMTP will provide better guarantee of confidentiality
Graphics vendor embraces new reality in Linux graphics
Pioneer Ray Tomlinson bequeathed the @ sign to billions of Internet users
Redmond says its classic database tool will run without Windows
New intrusion technique affects most non-Bluetooth wireless mice