Security testing with hping
Conducting penetration tests and determining the effectiveness of intrusion detection systems involves a great deal of skill and patience. Also, you need the right kind of tools. Hping3 is one of those tools. In this article, I've outlined only a few of the sophisticated commands at your disposal when you add hping to your security-testing toolkit.
- hping Project: http://www.hping.org
- hping in RPM: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/hping
- Packet crafting via hping: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/archive/t835.html
- LAND attack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAND
- Christmas tree packet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_packett835.html
Buy this article as PDF
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22
CeBIT 2017: Open Source Forum Call for Papers
Long-time Linux antagonist joins the revolution.
Major bug affects Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
Canonical releases the minimal edition for embedded devices, Internet of Things, and cloud deployments.
The new release features improvements across the board, from performance to security.
Two out of three of the new members are women.
More than 5,000 people attended the event.
Linux Magazine will include the best of both magazines.