Security testing with hping
Conducting penetration tests and determining the effectiveness of intrusion detection systems involves a great deal of skill and patience. Also, you need the right kind of tools. Hping3 is one of those tools. In this article, I've outlined only a few of the sophisticated commands at your disposal when you add hping to your security-testing toolkit.
- hping Project: http://www.hping.org
- hping in RPM: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/hping
- Packet crafting via hping: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/archive/t835.html
- LAND attack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAND
- Christmas tree packet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_packett835.html
Buy this article as PDF
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.
More embarrassment for Adobe's embattled multimedia tool
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.