Professional users are always searching for an edge. Whether you work with Linux as a webmaster, programmer, system administrator, or security consultant, you know the best solution depends on finding the right tool for the job. We thought you might be interested in the following new products and updates.
- 802.11n WiFi Routers Use Linux
- Mamut Offers Cloud-Based ERP Services
- ITTIA DB SQL Provides Combined Memory and Disk
- Game Editor Goes Open Source
- Green “ecoSoftware” Monitors Energy Use
- Linux In On Record-Breaking Computation
- Humanoid Robot Runs Linux on Intel Atom
- Wireless Portable Power?
- SheevaPlug Development Kit Available in UK
- Zend Unleashes PHP for the Cloud
Buy this article as PDF
Both projects help organizations build their own containerized systems.
Mark Shuttleworth has resumed the position of CEO of Canonical.
Microsoft's open source code hosting platform CodePlex will come to an end after a more than 10-year stint.
Comes with Gnome 3.24
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.