PHP The EXPERT’s VOIce® in Open Source PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice
Objects were not always a key part of the PHP project. In fact, they have been described as an afterthought by PHP’s designers. As afterthoughts go, this one has proved remarkably resilient. In this chapter, I introduce coverage
of objects by summarizing the development of PHP’s object-oriented features.
We will look at
• PHP/FI 2.0: PHP, but not as we know it.
• PHP 3: Objects make their first appearance.
• PHP 4: Object-oriented programming grows up.
• PHP 5: Objects at the heart of the language.
• PHP 6: A glimpse of the future
Read sample chapter: