Many package updates and Steam integration highlight the latest from the Mandriva-based community Linux.more »
Table of Contents: 152 What's inside the July 2013 issueMay 20, 2013
We look at SharePoint integration and show you how to manage Active Directory from Linux. But first, a special story on a dangerous new class of intrusion tools.more »
On the DVD: Ubuntu 13.04 This Month's DVDMay 20, 2013
The newest Ubuntu release continues Canonical’s quest for a system that combines an inspired desktop experience with seamless integration to Internet resources. The latest release includes several improvements to the default Unity desktop, as well as an easy interface to online photo archives and convenient access to social networking tools. The futuristic (yet controversial) desktop search feature provides integrated access to resources at Amazon and the Ubuntu store.more »
- US gov embraces open data
- Apache Cdorked.A exploit discovered
- News Bites
New Intel CEO
- FSF scolds W3C
- Torvalds releases Kernel 3.9
- Xen new LF collaboration project
- Debian 7.0“wheezy” debuts
- Windows XP most likely to be victim of attack.
The new release supports nine architectures, 73 human languages, and zero non-Free components.more »
- RunRev Releases Open Source Version of LiveCode
- HP Launches Moonshot Server
- Offensive Security Releases Kali Linux
- TeamViewer Version 8 for Linux Now Available
June 2013: DVD Inlay Issue #151Apr 30, 2013
- Gnome 3.8 released
- Aereo wins battle to stream broadcast TV
openSUSE 12.3 Out
- New browser engine
- Pirates on the run
- Ubuntu reduces non‑LTS support
- OpenDaylight open source framework
- ASF promotes CloudStack
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.