Welcome EditorialMay 22, 2013
What is the Raspberry Pi really? A trinket? An educational tool? A very inexpensive computer? Of course, it is all these things, but what is the meaning of Raspberry Pi? I’m not the first journalist to ask.more »
- US gov embraces open data
- Apache Cdorked.A exploit discovered
- News Bites
New Intel CEO
- FSF scolds W3C
- Torvalds releases Kernel 3.9
- Xen new LF collaboration project
- Debian 7.0“wheezy” debuts
- Windows XP most likely to be victim of attack.
Richard Stallman calls for the W3C to remain independent of vendor interests.more »
Doghouse – Device Drivers Teaching how to write device driversApr 30, 2013
maddog considers the benefits of teaching students how to write device drivers.more »
- RunRev Releases Open Source Version of LiveCode
- HP Launches Moonshot Server
- Offensive Security Releases Kali Linux
- TeamViewer Version 8 for Linux Now Available
- Gnome 3.8 released
- Aereo wins battle to stream broadcast TV
openSUSE 12.3 Out
- New browser engine
- Pirates on the run
- Ubuntu reduces non‑LTS support
- OpenDaylight open source framework
- ASF promotes CloudStack
Table of Contents: 151 What's inside the June 2013 issueApr 30, 2013
The Nepomuk semantic desktop has matured with the KDE 4 series. We look at how you can use Nepomuk to structure information about the files, folders, and applications on your system. Then, discover Qt build tool Qmake, social media data mining, and the e-commerce services of eBay and Amazon.more »
Lightweight KDE Desktop Project KDE Gets a RefitApr 19, 2013
An openSUSE project called KLyDE plans to streamline the KDE desktop.more »
Founder of ownCloud launches the Nextcloud project.
Will The Machine change the way future programmers think about memory?
The new Torus distributed storage system is available under an open source license on GitHub
Juries decides Google’s use of Java APIs Was Fair Use
But if you are not using the latest Linux kernel, your system is insecure.
Home routers will give room for custom firmware but still comply with FCC rules
Frank Karlitschek will continue to lead the open source ownCloud project
“Xenial Xerus” comes with a new packages format and several improvements for the enterprise.
Linux users can now download and install the Windows code editor
New initiative will address security and interoperability concerns around container technology.