Customize your mail environment with the light and powerful Claws Mail
Claws Mail offers other useful features, such as the powerful QuickSearch tool, which allows searching through folders and sub-folders based on any criteria. QuickSearch can search in standard headers, but it also has an Extended mode, which enlists the full power of the filtering engine.
Setup Wizard for Sys Admins
System administrators can create a wizard configuration template with the correct values entered in the setup wizard, so users only need to enter their passwords. Using the configuration template, the system administrator can define the server addresses, add LDAP servers or people to the address book, add filtering rules, and load plugins.
To set up a configuration template:
- Start Claws Mail with a user who does not have a ~/.claws-mail directory, click through the wizard without entering any settings, and then use the Save button to exit the wizard.
- Quit Claws Mail.
- Edit the newly created wizard template file ~/.claws-mail/accountrc.tmpl and save it. The template file is fully commented with instructions and details about each entry.
- Delete both ~/.claws-mail/accountrc and ~/.claws-mail/folderlist.xml, then recursively copy the .claws-mail directory to /etc/skel/. If Claws Mail will use MH folders, then also copy the Mail directory to /etc/skel/. Then chown both these directories in /etc/skel/ to root:root.
Claws also supports user-defined hotkeys and provides good mailing list support. Several operations are available from the command line that allow interaction with external applications, such as web browsers or file managers. More than 20 plugins support features such as RSS reading, PDF display, and personal and public calendaring.
If you like a lot of control over your email, and you're looking for a powerful application that is light on resources, give Claws Mail a try.
- Claws Mail: http://www.claws-mail.org
- Sylpheed: http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/
- GTK+, the GIMP Tool Kit: http://www.gtk.org
- Claws Mail User Manual: http://www.claws-mail.org/documentation.php
- Claws Mail plugins: http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php
- Claws Mail themes: http://www.claws-mail.org/themes.php
Buy this article as PDF
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.
One out of three virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Cloud run Linux.
The form factor of the board makes it a drop-in replacement for Raspberry Pi.
Makes it easier for customers to move workloads into container-centric applications.
SUSE’s answer to container-centric operating systems.
Linux 4.9 is the biggest release in terms of number of commits.
The latest version of the official RHEL clone is here.
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22