Using the Raspberry Pi as a gateway proxy
Onion Pi gives users an option for operating a transparent gateway server and anonymizing the main identification feature: the IP address. Annoying configuration of individual client applications is thus a thing of the past. Unlike a locally operated Tor proxy, this setup anonymizes more than the data stream of just a few applications and extends it to all your Internet traffic.
- Onion Pi: http://learn.adafruit.com/onion-pi
- Amazon's 1Button App: http://threatpost.com/amazon-1button-browser-add-on-leaks-data-in-plain-text
- Chaos Computer Club: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Computer_Club
- Raspbian: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
- Netfilter/iptables project: http://www.netfilter.org/projects/iptables/
- Are you using Tor? https://check.torproject.org
Buy this article as PDF
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.
A major setback for the Linux desktop.
Improved support for GPU in virtualization.
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.