Using the Raspberry Pi as a gateway proxy
Onion Pi gives users an option for operating a transparent gateway server and anonymizing the main identification feature: the IP address. Annoying configuration of individual client applications is thus a thing of the past. Unlike a locally operated Tor proxy, this setup anonymizes more than the data stream of just a few applications and extends it to all your Internet traffic.
- Onion Pi: http://learn.adafruit.com/onion-pi
- Amazon's 1Button App: http://threatpost.com/amazon-1button-browser-add-on-leaks-data-in-plain-text
- Chaos Computer Club: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Computer_Club
- Raspbian: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
- Netfilter/iptables project: http://www.netfilter.org/projects/iptables/
- Are you using Tor? https://check.torproject.org
Buy this article as PDF
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel