Distribute and manage files with git-annex
Hess has launched a second crowdfunding campaign , securing the financial backing for another year of development work. As of September 2013, Hess will be (among other things) looking to improve the Windows port that he has already started, implement encryption for remote Git repositories, and implement disaster recovery in the Assistant for at least some scenarios . Additionally, campaign sponsors can submit special requests for desired features.
- Git-annex: http://git-annex.branchable.com
- Installation: http://git-annex.branchable.com/install/
- Direct mode: http://git-annex.branchable.com/direct_mode/
- Walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/walkthrough/
- Preferred content: http://git-annex.branchable.com/preferred_content/
- Archival walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/archival_walkthrough/
- Crowdfunding campaign: https://campaign.joeyh.name
- Assistant roadmap: http://git-annex.branchable.com/design/assistant/
Buy this article as PDF
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
The Obama White House has issued a memorandum telling all US government agencies they must use HTTPS for all websites and web communication.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.
Future versions of Ubuntu's code service will support the popular Git version control system used with Linux and other open source projects.