March 24th: Ada Lovelace Day
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
March 24, 2010 is Ada Lovelace Day, "... an international day of blogging to celebrate the achievements of women in technology and science." This year the goal is to get 3072 pledges to blog, and if you'd like to join the 100+ names already on the pledge list, visit: http://findingada.com/
And while we're on the topic of celebrating the achievements of women in technology and science, let's get back to my series of interviews that highlights women in open source. If you haven't emailed me your responses yet, here's your friendly reminder:
1. Who are you? (name/brief bio)
2. What do you currently do in open source? What do you love about it?
3. You're speaking to a group of women from other fields who are considering switching careers. Why should they consider moving into an open source-related career? What should they know about the open source environment to prepare them for the transition from a different field?
4. You're speaking to a group of high school students (male and female). Why should they consider exploring career options in open source?
5. What question do you wish I'd asked? And how would you answer it?
Read previous interviews:comments powered by Disqus
VMware bids for a stake in the container industry with a bold effort to integrate containers with its classic virtualization system.
3ROS attack tool lowers the technical bar so anyone can be an intruder.
Mozilla's latest browser offers powerful new privacy feature
If attackers are on your system, saving your passwords in a password vault is no protection.
Faulty hash algorithm persists, despite efforts by experts to raise awareness.
Powerful man-in-the-middle attack is now targeting online shopping.
Another high-profile coder says the kernel team needs a kinder, gentler culture.
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm