Reminder: Free Access to FOSDEM
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
Don't forget that Linux Pro Magazine is broadcasting the main conference track of FOSDEM '08 live on the Internet. Streaming starts Saturday, February 23, 10:00 AM (CET).
Tune in for the Live Stream to watch the following:
- Tux with Shades, Linux in Hollywood – Gabrielle Pantera
- How a large scale open source project works – Robert Watson
- Status update of Software Patents – Pieter Hintjens
- The Endgame – FOSDEM Staff
- Perl 6 – Patrick Michaud
- Unicoding With PHP 6 – Andrei Zmievski
- JRuby – Charles Oliver Nutter
- Hudson – Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- SCons – Steven Knight
- CMake – Bill Hoffman
- Conary Packaging: Simply Powerful – Michael K. Johnson
- PackageKit – Richard Hughes
- Application virtualization with next-generation Klik – Kurt Pfeifle
For the program and more information about the live stream, see:
New tool will look like GParted but support a wider range of storage technologies.
New public key pinning feature will help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.
According to a report, many potential victims of the Heartbleed attack have patched their systems, but few have cleaned up the crime scene to protect themselves from the effects of a previous intrusion.
DARPA and NICTA release the code for the ultra-secure microkernel system used in aerial drones.
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.