WITI Hall of Fame 2008 Inductees Announced
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
WITI announced this year's inductees for its Hall of Fame:
- Deborah Estrin, Director, Center for Embedded Networked Sensing, Professor, UCLA
- Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health
- Mary Lou Jepsen (formerly co-founder and CTO of One Laptop Per Child), CEO, Pixel Qi
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
- Jian (Jane) Xu, Ph.D., Distinguished Engineer, CTO, China Systems and Technology Labs, IBM
Version 16 of the popular Linux desktop reveals new tools, edge-snapping, and performance improvements.
Symantec says Linux-Darlioz burrows in through PHP.
Dell renews its quest for the ultimate developer machine.
Innovative back door looks like normal SSH traffic.
One of CeBITs most successful forums opens the new year with a new name. The popular Open Source Forum continues in 2014 under the name Special Conference: Open Source. This year, the forum will be bigger and offer a wider range of possibilities for sponsors.
New release offers better graphics drivers and expands filesystem support.
New mail protocol will shut out the NSA and prevent snooping on metadata.
A new web application helps users visualize distributed denial-of-service attacks.
Ubuntu 13.10 takes a step toward convergence, with lots of mobility, but Mir only partly here.
Galileo board is targeted to embedded developers and educational institutions.