WITI Hall of Fame 2008 Inductees Announced
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
WITI announced this year's inductees for its Hall of Fame:
- Deborah Estrin, Director, Center for Embedded Networked Sensing, Professor, UCLA
- Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health
- Mary Lou Jepsen (formerly co-founder and CTO of One Laptop Per Child), CEO, Pixel Qi
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
- Jian (Jane) Xu, Ph.D., Distinguished Engineer, CTO, China Systems and Technology Labs, IBM
Lennart Poettering wants to change the way Linux developers talk to each other.
Enterprise giant frees itself from ink and home PCs (and visa versa).
Mozilla’s product think tank sinks silently into history.
TODO group will focus on open source tools in large-scale environments.
New tool will look like GParted but support a wider range of storage technologies.
New public key pinning feature will help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.