Women Who Tech: 2nd Annual Telesummit
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
Mark your calendars for May 12, the date of the 2nd Annual Women Who Tech Telesummit, which will be held via phone and web.
Registration opens in April. The 2009 Women Who Tech Panels are:
- Launching Your Own Start-Up: Rashmi Sinha, SlideShare and Amy Muller, Get Satisfaction
- Women and Open Source: Michelle Murrain, NOSI and Amy De Groff, Howard County Library
- Breaking Through the Digital Ceiling: Allyson Kapin, Rad Campaign and Women Who Tech
- Feminine Mystique: Holly Ross, NTEN
- Social Networks and Diversity Barriers: Shireen Mitchell, Digital Sistas
- Video Activism: Ramya Raghavan, YouTube and Yvette Alberdingk Thijm, Witness
- What Shirky Didn’t Tell Us: Deanna Zandt, Consultant
- Innovation and Tech Career Reinvention: Dee McCrorey, Risktaking for Success, LLC
- Social Media ROI: Monique Elwell, Conversify and Heather Holdridge, Care2
- Tech Marketing in a Recession: Rachel Marshall, Vantage Communications
- Tools Galore in Online Communications: Laura Quinn, Idealware. Rebecca Moore, Google Earth, Katrin Verclas, MobileActive
- Democratizing Data and Watch-Dogging the Government: Nancy Watzman, Sunlight Foundation
To listen to the 2008 podcasts, visit: http://www.womenwhotech.com/podcasts
You can follow Women Who Tech on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/womenwhotechcomments powered by Disqus
Both projects help organizations build their own containerized systems.
Mark Shuttleworth has resumed the position of CEO of Canonical.
Microsoft's open source code hosting platform CodePlex will come to an end after a more than 10-year stint.
Comes with Gnome 3.24
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.