CeBIT 2011: Linux New Media Award Winners Announced
Debian receives two out of the seven Linux New Media awards at CeBIT 2011.
The 2011 Linux New Media Award winners are:
- Reader's Choice: Favorite Linux Distribution: Ubuntu. Award received by Henning Eggers of Canonical.
- Hottest Linux Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab. Award received by company representatives
- Best Open Source Server Distribution: Debian GNU/Linux. Award by Meike Reichle of alphascorpii.
- Best Open Source App for Linux Mobile Devices: Firefox. Award received by Carsten Book, Mozilla Foundation.
- Best Open Source Solution for Virtualization and Cloud Computing: KVM. Award received by Markus Armbruster and Kevin Wolf of Red Hat.
- Most Innovative Open Source Project: Btrfs. Award received by Manuel Hossfeld of Oracle
- Outstanding Contribution to Linux/Open Source/Free Software: DebianGNU/Linux. Award received by Alexander Reichle-Schmehl of the Debian Project
Congratulations to all the award winners! Many thanks to the readers who participated in helping to select the Readers Choice, Favorite Linux Distribution Award and to the large jury of professionals throughout the open source universe who voted for the winners in the remaining categories.
More information on the award winners and recipients of each award can be found on Linux New Media's Mathias Huber's coverage of the awards presentation.
videos onlineWe should have those videos posted online soon. Check back!
video of award presentationHi.. during the event I thought to have heard that the stream would also be available as video on the website. I could not manage to find it. Is that still planned?
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.
New release marks the arrival of AMD’s unified driver strategy.
A new study by IDC charts big changes in the big hardware market.
Azure CTO says Redmond has already considered the unthinkable.
Lead developer quells rumors that the Debian version is slated for center stage.
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.