Launching programs and actions with Gnome Do
New plugins are released almost daily. Gnome Do 0.5 provides a community plugin category with plugins from a variety of contributors. New community contributions include Skype, Twitter, Flickr, and Google Calendar plugins, as well as a "WindowManager" plugin that lets you arrange windows on your desktop. Developers who enjoy working with Mono can also refer to the detailed documentation to help them implement their own ideas .
- Gnome Do: http://do.davebsd.com/
- Quicksilver: http://docs.blacktree.com/quicksilver/what_is_quicksilver
- Installation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/Installation
- Gnome Do plugins: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/Plugins
- Developing plugins: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/BuildingPlugins
Buy this article as PDF
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel
Customers can take a free test drive of SLES for HPC on the Azure Cloud
San Francisco-based chip company announces their first fully open source chip platform.
The whole distro gets rebuilt on glibc 2.3
Ubuntu Vendor tries to solve app packaging and distribution problem across distributions.
Founder of ownCloud launches the Nextcloud project.
Will The Machine change the way future programmers think about memory?