Launching programs and actions with Gnome Do
New plugins are released almost daily. Gnome Do 0.5 provides a community plugin category with plugins from a variety of contributors. New community contributions include Skype, Twitter, Flickr, and Google Calendar plugins, as well as a "WindowManager" plugin that lets you arrange windows on your desktop. Developers who enjoy working with Mono can also refer to the detailed documentation to help them implement their own ideas .
- Gnome Do: http://do.davebsd.com/
- Quicksilver: http://docs.blacktree.com/quicksilver/what_is_quicksilver
- Installation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/Installation
- Gnome Do plugins: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/Plugins
- Developing plugins: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/BuildingPlugins
Buy this article as PDF
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.
More embarrassment for Adobe's embattled multimedia tool
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.