Geeky Valentine's Day Roundup
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
I have nothing against Valentine's Day, but I also don't go crazy for the holiday, either. Tonight, my husband and I will go bowling, just like we do every Monday night. I even splurged and sent him a gift as unique and fun as our relationship (I'm sure he'll love his new Madagascar hissing cockroach at the Bronx Zoo, named "Jud"). So, in honor of Valentine's Day, I give you a geeky romantic roundup:
- Open Source is for Lovers
- Map Your Valentine
- Geekiest Marriage Proposals of All Time
- How do we love Linux? Counting the many ways
- US Patent Illustration Cards for your geek sweet on Valentine’s Day
- 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for the Special Geek in Your Life
- Geeky ways to celebrate Valentine's Day
- 10 Last Minute Valentine Gift Ideas For The Geek You Love
- Darwinian Valentine's
- Declare Your Love for Free Software!
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.
A major setback for the Linux desktop.
Improved support for GPU in virtualization.
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.