Geeky Valentine's Day Roundup
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
I have nothing against Valentine's Day, but I also don't go crazy for the holiday, either. Tonight, my husband and I will go bowling, just like we do every Monday night. I even splurged and sent him a gift as unique and fun as our relationship (I'm sure he'll love his new Madagascar hissing cockroach at the Bronx Zoo, named "Jud"). So, in honor of Valentine's Day, I give you a geeky romantic roundup:
- Open Source is for Lovers
- Map Your Valentine
- Geekiest Marriage Proposals of All Time
- How do we love Linux? Counting the many ways
- US Patent Illustration Cards for your geek sweet on Valentine’s Day
- 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for the Special Geek in Your Life
- Geeky ways to celebrate Valentine's Day
- 10 Last Minute Valentine Gift Ideas For The Geek You Love
- Darwinian Valentine's
- Declare Your Love for Free Software!
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.
More embarrassment for Adobe's embattled multimedia tool
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.