Programming with Boo
Saving Keystrokes and Sanity
The Boo project page offers recipes for database access, graphics solutions, and more. Boo developers socialize in a special-interest Google group, in an IRC channel dedicated to the language, and in a mailing list and wiki. Currently, the team is focused on improving Boo support in MonoDevelop.
If you are on Windows, Linux, or any platform with Mono and you are tired of typing braces and casting values, check out Boo. It has the best of at least three worlds.
- IronPython: http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython
- IronRuby: http://www.ironruby.net/
- The Boo Project page: http://boo.codehaus.org/
- The Mono Project page: http://mono-project.com/
- The MonoDevelop IDE: http://monodevelop.com/
- Boo Primer: http://boo.codehaus.org/Boo+Primer
- A comprehensive list of source packages for Mono: http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/sources-stable
- Troubleshooting guides for missing libraries: http://mono-project.com/DllNotFoundException and http://mono-project.com/Config_DllMap
- Listings for this article: http://www.linux-magazine.com/resources/article_code
Buy this article as PDF
New tool will look like GParted but support a wider range of storage technologies.
New public key pinning feature will help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.
According to a report, many potential victims of the Heartbleed attack have patched their systems, but few have cleaned up the crime scene to protect themselves from the effects of a previous intrusion.
DARPA and NICTA release the code for the ultra-secure microkernel system used in aerial drones.
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.