Programming with Boo
Saving Keystrokes and Sanity
The Boo project page offers recipes for database access, graphics solutions, and more. Boo developers socialize in a special-interest Google group, in an IRC channel dedicated to the language, and in a mailing list and wiki. Currently, the team is focused on improving Boo support in MonoDevelop.
If you are on Windows, Linux, or any platform with Mono and you are tired of typing braces and casting values, check out Boo. It has the best of at least three worlds.
- IronPython: http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython
- IronRuby: http://www.ironruby.net/
- The Boo Project page: http://boo.codehaus.org/
- The Mono Project page: http://mono-project.com/
- The MonoDevelop IDE: http://monodevelop.com/
- Boo Primer: http://boo.codehaus.org/Boo+Primer
- A comprehensive list of source packages for Mono: http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/sources-stable
- Troubleshooting guides for missing libraries: http://mono-project.com/DllNotFoundException and http://mono-project.com/Config_DllMap
- Listings for this article: http://www.linux-magazine.com/resources/article_code
Buy this article as PDF
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel