Programming with Boo
Saving Keystrokes and Sanity
The Boo project page offers recipes for database access, graphics solutions, and more. Boo developers socialize in a special-interest Google group, in an IRC channel dedicated to the language, and in a mailing list and wiki. Currently, the team is focused on improving Boo support in MonoDevelop.
If you are on Windows, Linux, or any platform with Mono and you are tired of typing braces and casting values, check out Boo. It has the best of at least three worlds.
- IronPython: http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython
- IronRuby: http://www.ironruby.net/
- The Boo Project page: http://boo.codehaus.org/
- The Mono Project page: http://mono-project.com/
- The MonoDevelop IDE: http://monodevelop.com/
- Boo Primer: http://boo.codehaus.org/Boo+Primer
- A comprehensive list of source packages for Mono: http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/sources-stable
- Troubleshooting guides for missing libraries: http://mono-project.com/DllNotFoundException and http://mono-project.com/Config_DllMap
- Listings for this article: http://www.linux-magazine.com/resources/article_code
Buy this article as PDF
Azure CTO says Redmond has already considered the unthinkable.
Lead developer quells rumors that the Debian version is slated for center stage.
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.