Coding for Maemo devices with Qt
Qt provides application developers with all the functionality they need to build applications with state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces, I/O, and networking. In this article, I showed how developers can easily use Qt components to create graphical applications for the Maemo platform. Qt is still a work in progress project because of the natural evolution of smart phones and Internet tablets, but it is getting attention from developers and contributors around the world who are interested in programming for mobile devices.
- Maemo platform: http://www.maemo.org/
- Qt Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/
- Getting started with Qt for maemo: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Getting_started_with_Qt_for_Maemo
- Maemo Diablo 4.1 documentation: http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/
- Maemo and Scratchbox: http://repository.maemo.org/stable/4.1.2/INSTALL.txt
- Maemo tutorials: http://maemo.org/development/documentation/tutorials/
- Article code: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Resources/Article-Code
- Installing and using Qt for Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/diablo.html
- Qt reference documentation: http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/index.html
- Nokia launches Linux-based Qt Extended mobile platform: http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/nokia-launches-linux-based-qt-extended-mobile-platform.ars
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.