On the DVD
On the DVD
The new Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Edition long-term support release offers five years of upgrades, tweaks, improvements, and stability through 2019. Mint 17 has spiffed up its appearance and made changes so apps launch faster and use fewer resources.
Linux Mint 17 "Qiana"
The new Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Edition long-term support release offers five years of upgrades, tweaks, improvements, and stability through 2019. Mint 17 has spiffed up its appearance and made changes so apps launch faster and use fewer resources. New features include:
- A new, faster, more informative Update Manager. The history now includes information on all system updates, not just those performed through the Update Manager.
- The ability to install drivers without an Internet connection.
- Expanded and refined Screensaver and Power Manager modules.
- A return to the original Date & Time module.
- New applet roles to define systray icon functionality.
- A handy uninstall option from the right-click context menu.
- Cinammon: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2626
- What's new? http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinnamon_whatsnew.php
- Release notes: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinnamon.php
- Upgrade instructions: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2
Buy this article as PDF
Kernel king admits his tone has alienated volunteers, but says the demands of the process require directness.
New flaw in an old encryption scheme leaves the experts scrambling to disable SSL 3
Lennart Poettering wants to change the way Linux developers talk to each other.
Enterprise giant frees itself from ink and home PCs (and visa versa).
Mozilla’s product think tank sinks silently into history.
TODO group will focus on open source tools in large-scale environments.
New tool will look like GParted but support a wider range of storage technologies.
New public key pinning feature will help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.