On the DVD
On the DVD
The new Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Edition long-term support release offers five years of upgrades, tweaks, improvements, and stability through 2019. Mint 17 has spiffed up its appearance and made changes so apps launch faster and use fewer resources.
Linux Mint 17 "Qiana"
The new Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Edition long-term support release offers five years of upgrades, tweaks, improvements, and stability through 2019. Mint 17 has spiffed up its appearance and made changes so apps launch faster and use fewer resources. New features include:
- A new, faster, more informative Update Manager. The history now includes information on all system updates, not just those performed through the Update Manager.
- The ability to install drivers without an Internet connection.
- Expanded and refined Screensaver and Power Manager modules.
- A return to the original Date & Time module.
- New applet roles to define systray icon functionality.
- A handy uninstall option from the right-click context menu.
- Cinammon: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2626
- What's new? http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinnamon_whatsnew.php
- Release notes: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinnamon.php
- Upgrade instructions: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2
Buy this article as PDF
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.
According to a report, many potential victims of the Heartbleed attack have patched their systems, but few have cleaned up the crime scene to protect themselves from the effects of a previous intrusion.
DARPA and NICTA release the code for the ultra-secure microkernel system used in aerial drones.
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.
Redmond rushes in to root out alleged malware haven.
New initiative will bring futuristic virtual reality effects to the web surfing experience.