OSCON: Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award Winners Announced
This week at OSCON, the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards were presented.
Awards were given for the following:
* Best Community Amplifier: Chris Messina (BarCamp, Microformats, and Spread Firefox)
* Best Contributor: Angela Byron (Drupal)
* Best Education Enabler: Martin Dougiamas (Moodle)
* Best Interoperator: Andrew Tridgell (Samba and Rsync)
* Defender of Rights: Harald Welte (gplviolations.org)
The Bavarian capital shuns Microsoft, Google, and other alternatives to implement an open-source groupware solution.
Phone vendor partnerships bring Mark Shuttleworth's dream of Ubuntu on a phone a step closer to reality.
Donors will get to vote on new features for the free video editor.
Debian project puts init out to pasture and says no to Ubuntu's Upstart.
Ultra-sophisticated attack tool might have originated from a state-sponsored intelligence service.
New alternative for init comes with a small footprint and minimal configuration.
X marks the target for the next-generation windowing system.
Super-clone CentOS Linux gets beamed up to the mother ship.
HTML technology will enable new video editing and playback options.
New Linux distro is optimzed for gaming.