An up-to-date look at free software and its makers
Because of its slightly old-fashioned LessTif (a Motif clone ) interface, Praat is unlikely to win any design awards, but at least it is user friendly. The developers have not restricted their work to the Linux version; the software has been ported to FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, SGI, Solaris, and HPUX. If you are interested in porting Praat to a system that is not currently supported, you just need the compiler and the LessTif library for the graphical interface.
- Roy T. Fielding's blog: http://roy.gbiv.com
- Apache http Server Project: http://httpd.apache.org
- OpenSolaris: http://www.opensolaris.org
- Gnome Outreach Program: http://www.gnome.org/projects/outreach/a11y
- Praat: http://www.praat.org
- LessTif: http://www.lesstif.org
- Motif: http://www.opengroup.org/motif/
Buy this article as PDF
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22
CeBIT 2017: Open Source Forum Call for Papers
Long-time Linux antagonist joins the revolution.
Major bug affects Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
Canonical releases the minimal edition for embedded devices, Internet of Things, and cloud deployments.
The new release features improvements across the board, from performance to security.
Two out of three of the new members are women.
More than 5,000 people attended the event.
Linux Magazine will include the best of both magazines.