An up-to-date look at free software and its makers
Because of its slightly old-fashioned LessTif (a Motif clone ) interface, Praat is unlikely to win any design awards, but at least it is user friendly. The developers have not restricted their work to the Linux version; the software has been ported to FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, SGI, Solaris, and HPUX. If you are interested in porting Praat to a system that is not currently supported, you just need the compiler and the LessTif library for the graphical interface.
- Roy T. Fielding's blog: http://roy.gbiv.com
- Apache http Server Project: http://httpd.apache.org
- OpenSolaris: http://www.opensolaris.org
- Gnome Outreach Program: http://www.gnome.org/projects/outreach/a11y
- Praat: http://www.praat.org
- LessTif: http://www.lesstif.org
- Motif: http://www.opengroup.org/motif/
Buy this article as PDF
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives