Security testing with hping
Conducting penetration tests and determining the effectiveness of intrusion detection systems involves a great deal of skill and patience. Also, you need the right kind of tools. Hping3 is one of those tools. In this article, I've outlined only a few of the sophisticated commands at your disposal when you add hping to your security-testing toolkit.
- hping Project: http://www.hping.org
- hping in RPM: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/hping
- Packet crafting via hping: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/archive/t835.html
- LAND attack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAND
- Christmas tree packet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_packett835.html
Buy this article as PDF
Popular open source encryption tool is vulnerable to attack
New “Yakkety Yak” edition emphasizes cloud and servers
Google finally enters the phone hardware business.
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.