Professional users are always searching for an edge. Whether you work with Linux as a webmaster, programmer, system administrator, or security consultant, you know the best solution depends on finding the right tool for the job. We thought you might be interested in the following new products and updates.
- OpenFlow: Building a Crash-Proof Internet
- KnowARC Ports Globus Grid Middleware to Debian
- Automatic Testing Tool GUIdancer 3.1
- Internet Barometer
- SpiderOak Offers Online Backups for Linux
- AAEON Release New Module
- Advantech’s “Rugged” PC Works in Power Substations
- Alter Way Offers odtPHP 1.0 API for OpenOffice
- Enea Lightweight Database
- VIA Technologies Publishes Chrome 9 DRM
Buy this article as PDF
The whole distro gets rebuilt on glibc 2.3
Ubuntu Vendor tries to solve app packaging and distribution problem across distributions.
Founder of ownCloud launches the Nextcloud project.
Will The Machine change the way future programmers think about memory?
The new Torus distributed storage system is available under an open source license on GitHub
Juries decides Google’s use of Java APIs Was Fair Use
But if you are not using the latest Linux kernel, your system is insecure.
Home routers will give room for custom firmware but still comply with FCC rules
Frank Karlitschek will continue to lead the open source ownCloud project
“Xenial Xerus” comes with a new packages format and several improvements for the enterprise.