Perl scripts send log messages to Twitter
Unfortunately, Net::Twitter and the long list of dependent modules from CPAN are not available as Ubuntu packages. However, calling a CPAN shell (perl -MCPAN -eshell) will let you install the required dependent modules by typing install Net::Twitter. Because Net::Twitter also loads Moose and supports OAuth, your mileage may vary, and a coffee break is recommended.
- Listings for this article: ftp://www.linux-magazin.de/pub/listings/magazin/2009/10/Perl
- Makice, Kevin. Twitter API: Up and Running: Learning How to Build Applications with the Twitter API. O'Reilly, 2009
- Twitter OAuth Application Registration: http://twitter.com/oauth_clients
- "Don't Blame the Gardener!" by Michael Schilli, Linux Pro Magazine, April 2007, http://w3.linux-magazine.com/issue/77/Perl_Linux-based_Gardening.pdf
- "Twittering Machine" by Charly Kühnast, Linux Pro Magazine, August 2009, pg. 59
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives