Perl scripts send log messages to Twitter
Unfortunately, Net::Twitter and the long list of dependent modules from CPAN are not available as Ubuntu packages. However, calling a CPAN shell (perl -MCPAN -eshell) will let you install the required dependent modules by typing install Net::Twitter. Because Net::Twitter also loads Moose and supports OAuth, your mileage may vary, and a coffee break is recommended.
- Listings for this article: ftp://www.linux-magazin.de/pub/listings/magazin/2009/10/Perl
- Makice, Kevin. Twitter API: Up and Running: Learning How to Build Applications with the Twitter API. O'Reilly, 2009
- Twitter OAuth Application Registration: http://twitter.com/oauth_clients
- "Don't Blame the Gardener!" by Michael Schilli, Linux Pro Magazine, April 2007, http://w3.linux-magazine.com/issue/77/Perl_Linux-based_Gardening.pdf
- "Twittering Machine" by Charly Kühnast, Linux Pro Magazine, August 2009, pg. 59
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives
Kernel king admits his tone has alienated volunteers, but says the demands of the process require directness.
New flaw in an old encryption scheme leaves the experts scrambling to disable SSL 3
Lennart Poettering wants to change the way Linux developers talk to each other.
Enterprise giant frees itself from ink and home PCs (and visa versa).
Mozilla’s product think tank sinks silently into history.
TODO group will focus on open source tools in large-scale environments.