Perl scripts send log messages to Twitter
Unfortunately, Net::Twitter and the long list of dependent modules from CPAN are not available as Ubuntu packages. However, calling a CPAN shell (perl -MCPAN -eshell) will let you install the required dependent modules by typing install Net::Twitter. Because Net::Twitter also loads Moose and supports OAuth, your mileage may vary, and a coffee break is recommended.
- Listings for this article: ftp://www.linux-magazin.de/pub/listings/magazin/2009/10/Perl
- Makice, Kevin. Twitter API: Up and Running: Learning How to Build Applications with the Twitter API. O'Reilly, 2009
- Twitter OAuth Application Registration: http://twitter.com/oauth_clients
- "Don't Blame the Gardener!" by Michael Schilli, Linux Pro Magazine, April 2007, http://w3.linux-magazine.com/issue/77/Perl_Linux-based_Gardening.pdf
- "Twittering Machine" by Charly Kühnast, Linux Pro Magazine, August 2009, pg. 59
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
The Obama White House has issued a memorandum telling all US government agencies they must use HTTPS for all websites and web communication.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.
Future versions of Ubuntu's code service will support the popular Git version control system used with Linux and other open source projects.