Perl scripts send log messages to Twitter
Unfortunately, Net::Twitter and the long list of dependent modules from CPAN are not available as Ubuntu packages. However, calling a CPAN shell (perl -MCPAN -eshell) will let you install the required dependent modules by typing install Net::Twitter. Because Net::Twitter also loads Moose and supports OAuth, your mileage may vary, and a coffee break is recommended.
- Listings for this article: ftp://www.linux-magazin.de/pub/listings/magazin/2009/10/Perl
- Makice, Kevin. Twitter API: Up and Running: Learning How to Build Applications with the Twitter API. O'Reilly, 2009
- Twitter OAuth Application Registration: http://twitter.com/oauth_clients
- "Don't Blame the Gardener!" by Michael Schilli, Linux Pro Magazine, April 2007, http://w3.linux-magazine.com/issue/77/Perl_Linux-based_Gardening.pdf
- "Twittering Machine" by Charly Kühnast, Linux Pro Magazine, August 2009, pg. 59
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22
CeBIT 2017: Open Source Forum Call for Papers
Long-time Linux antagonist joins the revolution.
Major bug affects Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
Canonical releases the minimal edition for embedded devices, Internet of Things, and cloud deployments.
The new release features improvements across the board, from performance to security.
Two out of three of the new members are women.
More than 5,000 people attended the event.
Linux Magazine will include the best of both magazines.