Luminance HDR offers top-notch high dynamic range imaging
Luminance HDR is a fantastic piece of software that often achieves really amazing results. However, this requires some experience and experimentation. It takes a lot of experience to see at a glance which of the tone-mapping operators will help you achieve the desired results, but because RAW editing is non-destructive, you can experiment time and time again.
Tone-mapping operators can make it possible to produce a good HDR image with just one raw image (single-shot RAWs). This then lets you create HDR images from photographs of moving objects or for situations in which no tripod is available.
- Luminance HDR: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
- Qtpfsgui: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/?page_id=2
- Krita: http://krita.org/
- Photo stitching: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2007/81/Free-Software-Projects
- MantiukHDR: http://mantiukhdr.sourceforge.net/
- Comparison of tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.frank-durr.de/tonemapping_comparison.html
- Evaluation of tone-mapping algorithms: http://dcgi.felk.cvut.cz/home/cadikm/tmo/
- Tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/
- pfstools: http://pfstools.sourceforge.net
Buy this article as PDF
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.