On the DVD
On the DVD
This months double-sided DVD features deepin 2014, an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04, and Ubuntu 14.04.01.
Two Terrific Distros
Deepin is a fairly new entry in the Linux desktop panoply. Rising out of the East, Deepin is an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04. The Chinese developers put a lot of effort into ease-of-use problems and came up with a desktop that blends the best of Gnome 3, OS X, and Windows 8. The 64-bit version on this DVD boots up in Live mode, so try it out, and read the article on Deepin in this magazine.
Sharing this month's DVD is a 64-bit version of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr," a long-term support (LTS) release. Ubuntu is optimized for multitouch devices, features smarter searching, and presents the Unity desktop on startup in Live mode. Secure, stable, and intuitive, Ubuntu 14.04 is a worthy replacement for end-of-life Windows operating systems.
Defective discs will be replaced. Please send an email to email@example.com.
- Deepin Linux: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/index.en.html
- Deepin download: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/download.en.html
- Deepin forum: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum
- Ubuntu desktop: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/04/16/ubuntu-14-04-desktop-trusted-os-for-consumers-and-business/
- Ubuntu security: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/01/10/ubuntu-scores-highest-in-uk-gov-security-assessment/
- Ubuntu download: http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Buy this article as PDF
Powerful man-in-the-middle attack is now targeting online shopping.
Another high-profile coder says the kernel team needs a kinder, gentler culture.
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems