On the DVD
On the DVD
This months double-sided DVD features deepin 2014, an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04, and Ubuntu 14.04.01.
Two Terrific Distros
Deepin is a fairly new entry in the Linux desktop panoply. Rising out of the East, Deepin is an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04. The Chinese developers put a lot of effort into ease-of-use problems and came up with a desktop that blends the best of Gnome 3, OS X, and Windows 8. The 64-bit version on this DVD boots up in Live mode, so try it out, and read the article on Deepin in this magazine.
Sharing this month's DVD is a 64-bit version of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr," a long-term support (LTS) release. Ubuntu is optimized for multitouch devices, features smarter searching, and presents the Unity desktop on startup in Live mode. Secure, stable, and intuitive, Ubuntu 14.04 is a worthy replacement for end-of-life Windows operating systems.
Defective discs will be replaced. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deepin Linux: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/index.en.html
- Deepin download: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/download.en.html
- Deepin forum: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum
- Ubuntu desktop: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/04/16/ubuntu-14-04-desktop-trusted-os-for-consumers-and-business/
- Ubuntu security: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/01/10/ubuntu-scores-highest-in-uk-gov-security-assessment/
- Ubuntu download: http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Buy this article as PDF
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22
CeBIT 2017: Open Source Forum Call for Papers
Long-time Linux antagonist joins the revolution.
Major bug affects Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
Canonical releases the minimal edition for embedded devices, Internet of Things, and cloud deployments.
The new release features improvements across the board, from performance to security.
Two out of three of the new members are women.
More than 5,000 people attended the event.
Linux Magazine will include the best of both magazines.